Orchids Ltd info wanted.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
I purchased three Paph Ma Belles from Orchid Limited during there August sale. One has bloomed and the other two are in high bud.

Eric

Join the crowd. We are all in the same boat when it comes to buying orchids. No willpower.

Grandma

Grandma M said:
Eric

Join the crowd. We are all in the same boat when it comes to buying orchids. No willpower.

Grandma
I agree. With me though it's funny, if someone has 2 plants for $200 I won't buy them, but if the same person sells 3 for $66.67each I'll spend the same money. I'm a sucker for more bang for the buck. I wish I was better at finagle-ing. I know some people who would drive vendors crazy! It's like the little old ladies [no stereotyping meant] who only come on the last day of orchid shows and snatch up the dregs dirt cheap.

NYEric said:
I agree. With me though it's funny, if someone has 2 plants for $200 I won't buy them, but if the same person sells 3 for $66.67each I'll spend the same money. I'm a sucker for more bang for the buck. I wish I was better at finagle-ing. I know some people who would drive vendors crazy! It's like the little old ladies [no stereotyping meant] who only come on the last day of orchid shows and snatch up the dregs dirt cheap.

My problem is I don't want the dregs. :rolleyes:

What bugs me is when we are packing up, people (not just little old ladies, either) come up and want us to pull plants out of the boxes and then walk away when they learn they aren't going to be sold for cheap.

SlipperFan said:
What bugs me is when we are packing up, people (not just little old ladies, either) come up and want us to pull plants out of the boxes and then walk away when they learn they aren't going to be sold for cheap.
I apologize to all vendors for all non-vendors. I think that you can explain away those people by first explaining they are "select plants and the initial costs dont allow the price to be reduced...". :wink:

Back