Orchids In History...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

I was perusing the web the other day and stumbled across some very interesting information about orchids. For instance, did you know...

sesq2.jpg

Abraham Lincoln was an orchid hobbyist. It's true! In fact, there is this famous photo of him held in the National Archives, in which he is wearing an orchid corsage.

sesq1.jpg

And I had no idea that the Wright Brothers were in the orchid business. They developed their airplane in order to make importing orchids easier. They could hold several hundred plants on each wing.

sesq3.jpg

From the world of pop culture, British rock music legends QUEEN were avid Paph. breeders. It is rumoured that they were the first to breed several well known hybrids including, you guessed it...The Queen. During the photo shoot for their greatest hits album cover, they experimented with revealing their love of Paphs to the world. They even had a clone that spontaneously grew a moustache just like Freddy Mercury! Amazing!

aosking.jpg

This thread is sponsored by the AOS King, Percy Jablonski Jr. Be on the lookout for his newest orchid offering in next month's AOS magazine. He will be offering select clones of his famous besseae seen below.

da77_2.JPG

Phramipedium besseae 'Jablonski's LoveHammer' HCC/AOS

I dont see color break from a nasty virus on that queen one :poke:

Candace said:
Bad, bad Blake, go to your room!

No, it's ok. This thread is going to go all kinds of wrong when I post the naked album cover with John and Yoko.

Candace said:
Bad, bad Blake, go to your room!

My bad, just one of those things that kinda slips out, kinda like "I Do" :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back