Orchids 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Justin on the awarded lowii. That is a super unique looking clone. The petals are help perfectly flat.

And what can I say about all the roths. So many wonderful clones. Great to see your Canadian Club flowering. And Borneo looks better than I expected. Still holds its own.

Another update...

Winter Star x Western Monarch. Actually quite happy with this one. Two spikes on a first flowering, with a nice strong stem.

ws x wm final - Copy.jpg

ws x wm close - Copy.jpg

Sam's Choice x MM Best from an Orchid Inn flask. First bloom, and one of the darkest roths I have grown!

sc x mmb final close - Copy.jpg

sc x mmb final - Copy.jpg

A couple more from the OZ cross of Chester Hill x Red Baron. These are small plants also flowering for the first time. These two have some potential for sure.

ch x rb 3 2033 final - Copy.jpg

ch x rb 4 2033 final - Copy.jpg

ch x rb 4 2033 close - Copy.jpg

Finally, another first bloom. Rex Jr. x MM Best from Orchid Inn. This was the first roth flask I ever grew. It was a long journey for these plants, and the first one only flowered last year. This cross is from a selfing of Rex x a selfing of Mont Millais. This one is very Rex-y. Flower is a little wonky, but I will definitely give it another chance.

rj x mmb final.jpg

That's all for now! Have a couple more first-time plants on the way, and it appears all three of my Charles E. plants are in bud now. So things will be quiet for another four weeks or so.

Attachments

• sc x mmb final - Copy.jpg
    sc x mmb final - Copy.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 0
Love, love, love all this and your dedication to this species. Please make lots of roth seed and send it to a seed share lab like Meyers Conservatory so that we might all have access to a flask some day.
Your home is the American Mount Kinabalu.
AMK sanctuary lol.

What an incredible display. Is this just a typical season for you Justin or a bit better than normal? Most of us are happy just to flower one or two roths a season. :)

What an incredible display. Is this just a typical season for you Justin or a bit better than normal? Most of us are happy just to flower one or two roths a season. :)

Thanks! No this year is definitely a peak. It's a culmination of many years of growing out flasks & seedlings. Most of these are first time flowering this year. There are still a few straggler divisions that will bloom this summer.

But I have a lot more seedlings in the pipeline. Next year there probably won't be as many, but i will have more second and third time plants flowering. Then I expect another big flush of first time flowers in 2025 maybe.

Latest posts

Back