• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Orchid Zone sokd again!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. Purchased last week.
OZ will maintain their same high standards of breeding.
It is business as usual with some minor modifications. The intent is to make the operation somewhat more accessible to the retail customer.

It is business as usual with some minor modifications. The intent is to make the operation somewhat more accessible to the retail customer.

Can you tell us what it will mean to be more accessible to the retail customer?

Interesting. I own just a very few plants from OZ since their stuff rarely made its way to europe. Wouldn't mind if OZ breeding would become more accessible in the future.
What did you actually purchase if the name and the inventory were sold earlier? Assuming inventory was the plants.

Can you tell us what it will mean to be more accessible to the retail customer?
Except for a few shows, mostly as favors. Terry never sold retail. And if and when you got to go there, I heard the minimum order was like $2000. I can understand that because it really wasn't worth their time to deal w/ customers buying a plant or two out of there huge stock. When I go to a GH most of the owners let me wander around because they know I look at almost every plant. I hope they do make their stuff more accessible. I would help them set something up if I was on the Left Coast. Unfortunately, every time I'm in Cali I feel like the sky is backwards! :eek:

Yes - I understand that is how the past has been - but I'm wondering what it will mean in the future to be more accessible. I live an hour and a half away and I'd like to go there without having such a high dollar commitment. I spent a lot of money on orchids, but I don't have room (or the desire to re-sell) for 100 new plants each time I go to a nursery.

There are other places here in the bay area that either have or are in process of closing right now. It would be great if OZ would accept some of those customers. I'd imagine it would be worth their time.

Welcome!!

If you all would like a vendor forum here to list plants, specials for members, etc. Let me know and I'd be happy to set one up for you. I'd just need a short description of the business. It's free advertising. :)

Latest posts

Back