• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Orchid Zone sokd again!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm turned off by their listings. Instead of naming the plant, they show a photo of the dirty tag. It implies that they aren't even familiar with their own merchandise, or too lazy to post a proper description, or both. And who's to say the tags were returned to the correct pot?

Worst Ebay descriptions ever! I seen people post better ones with their Iphone App. Maybe if they were to put more effort into the listing, I will know feel confident they will put effort into the packing & shipping. They are new to the ways of Ebay, so I will wait to see how it unfolds before I spend money with them. My 2 cents...

I don't know if anything has changed, but when I used to buy from them wholesale, the packing and shipper were excellent.

Harvey

I have not seen their eBay descriptions. I'll have a look.

I agree with you Eric and Jamie. Not very impressive for breaking into a new market. The pricing is a bit high for my interest while looking at their poor photography. There's just no excitment generated on this first go-a-round.

I finally got an email today from Sam. Even though they sold it, Terry is doing consulting, and they are continuing with the hybridizing and the talks/presentations.

the stuff is moving on eBay, and there were some price adjustments. If done properly it could work out. Does anyone know anything about the new owner?

the stuff is moving on eBay, and there were some price adjustments. If done properly it could work out. Does anyone know anything about the new owner?
That pink phrag was lovely and that spotted complex was A+, no surprise they went for what they did!

My understanding is that a Japanese investor purchased OZ, Terry Root will stay on at least
for the transiton, as breeder and operations mgr. I heard about the purchase over a month
ago, but as the old saying goes, "if it's wednesday and you haven't heard a rumor, start one!!"
There are several OZ crosses on ebay this week from OZ,and you will probably see many more
as time progresses and direct marketing developes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a serious business strategy. OZ traditionally has thousands of unbloomed crosses to sell at a set price, not a few plants here and here to be sold to the highest bidder. This will not "pay the bills." Has anyone "dropped by" to see what's going on? I have a street address somewhere, I think.

Just an FYI... I emailed orchidzone and JC replied within a few minutes.

I may visit them next week.

Take care here on here on the forum not to prematurely judge or defame the new owners just because they don't know how to write up an ebay description or to draft a flamboyant post here on ST. Give them a hard time and a lot of negative posts and they may well decide to not open their sales up to retail customers.

Dealing with negative comments is probably the reason Terry was closed to retail. Until you have had experience with internet sales you will never realize how much one negative comment hurts.

Merry Christmas and Happy(everything else I don't know how to spell).

I have to agree there have been some severe comments here about a new vendor who just joined the forum. not very welcoming.

I have to agree with Lance and Justin. It is not clear in my head what he has done wrong, other than not market his plants well on eBay. Heck, he is not Robinson Crusoe there. I am always amazed how people in general poorly market there plants on eBay. But that doesn't mean the plants sold by OZ are poor quality. They look pretty good actually. It just means you may get them cheaper than what they are worth.

They look pretty good actually. It just means you may get them cheaper than what they are worth.

Indeed. Icy weather aside, I was tempted to bid on one of the complexes and eventually gave in to temptation. But I have been outbid. :sob: For now. :evil:

A friendly hint to Orchidzone: if you let us know whether you can ship with a heat pack some of us may bid higher... :poke:

Latest posts

Back