Orchid Zone sells Paph flasks on E-bay

Discussion in 'Orchid Vendor Sales' started by Bob in Albany N.Y., Feb 26, 2015.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Feb 27, 2015 #21
    Thanks for the recipe John_M.
    Yes, it was before my tanks, so dry and warm house conditions didn't help. Rusty brown patches all over the foliage. I couldn't look at them anymore.

2. Feb 27, 2015 #22

mormodes

mormodes

mormodes

Were these the flasks Phrao Orchids had for sale at the Pacific Orchid Expo in SF last week?

3. Mar 1, 2015 #23

Bjorn

Bjorn

Bjorn

Common spider mite does not like high humidity, so if you have a problem, your humidity might be too low. I have never had mites in my greenhouse(knock on wood) probably due to the humidity. Well, actually I have, but that was on a fig-tree in another greenhouse having way lower humidty than my ochids enjoy. The treatment was more frequent water on the leaves, trying to get humidity up:evil:

4. Mar 1, 2015 #24

Bjorn

Bjorn

Bjorn

I had a look at them on e-bay and they look very similar to those sold by paph_mania earlier. I bought some from him (at a much lower price) and got them (deflasked) in the mail. A few succumbed to rot but the rest is doing very well, residing in more or less pure limestone compost.

5. Nov 4, 2015 #25
    I bought some of the Orchid Zone Paphiopedilum leuchochilum flasks last spring, in March I believe, when they offered them on eBay. They were advertised as having come from Thailand, I believe, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, most of the plantlets rotted and I now have less than half of what I originally obtained from 4 or 5 flasks. Very expensive mistake! Seemed reasonable at the time, but I wish I'd passed on them now. Reading what some have said here, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't just me, that others might have had the same problem?

6. Nov 4, 2015 #26

troy

troy

troy

Most brachys grow warm not under 60 lowest night with a warmer daytime especially godefroyae and lots of air movement

7. Nov 4, 2015 #27

paphioland

paphioland

paphioland

It is your conditions. The parents were bred in captivity and they were sterile in flask. Grow them warmer. Open media and a little drier than other paphs but don't over due this. Good air movement.

8. Nov 4, 2015 #28

Bob in Albany N.Y.

Bob in Albany  N.Y.

Bob in Albany N.Y.

erimos1954, I tried to contact you but you don't seem to have your e-mail listed on this site, nor will it allow me to send you a p.m. (private message). Possible, because this was your first post. But in any case, give me a holler in regard to this topic.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  9. Nov 5, 2015 #29

cattmad

cattmad

cattmad

Wierd first post