Orchid Zone sells Paph flasks on E-bay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the imported brachy flasks that orchid zone is selling on E-bay? Anyone buy any and if so let us know what they look like once they arrive. Seems like they are selling like hot cakes. Seems like I put this in the photo section, can it please be moved? Thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the imported brachy flasks that orchid zone is selling on E-bay? Anyone buy any and if so let us know what they look like once they arrive. Seems like they are selling like hot cakes. Seems like I put this in the photo section, can it please be moved? Thanks

Done.

I would have hit the Buy It Now button but then I had to read this *No orders outside US* :sob: Well DAM.

I would have hit the Buy It Now button but then I had to read this *No orders outside US* :sob: Well DAM.

...and then you left me hanging, the guy that offered to bring you orchid zone stuff.

good luck with those. Mine are rotting one after the other. :eek:
But my flask was from Hung Sheng, not Orchid zone.

Are the brachy types really that difficult or it is a flask fault?
I am starting to like some of those. Are they harder than parvi?
Thanks.

Are the brachy types really that difficult or it is a flask fault?
I am starting to like some of those. Are they harder than parvi?
Thanks.

the media in the flask was starting to rot when I got it. So it probably didn't help.
Since I had to deflask right away I made my first mistake: I left my little brachy
too long under a dome. I lost half of them in a month's time. Second and third mistake: community pot with too much sphagnum moss. The rot spread and the
sphagnum moss under my basement condition takes too long to dry, ... and also
they don't seem to be as tolerant to cooler temp than most parvis. But, keep in mind that I started with album type brachys (godefroyae and S.Gratrix). Maybe,
regular brachys (I'm talking about growing from flasks) are easier than the album type. Also, I already had trouble growing brachys in the first place. So, my advice would be to start with a more mature plant and see how it does under your condition before starting the flask adventure. :)

Thank you for sharing your experience and great advice.
I grew bellatulum with decent success couple years ago before all my paphs surrender to invasion of spider mites. I still didn't replace it. Now thinking about flask. Maybe...

if i had the space to invest in another flask i would jump on those leucochilums in a heartbeat.

I grew bellatulum with decent success couple years ago before all my paphs surrender to invasion of spider mites.

There is no reason to have to surrender to spider mites. They're one of the easiest pests to control. Better than ANY chemical; use Horticultural Oil at 10 or maximum, 15 mls per litre of water. Spray the entire plant thoroughly. It's found in any garden centre. It's a very ultra-fine grade of mineral oil; far better than thicker grades of mineral oil found in pharmacies, which can suffocate your plants. It's got up to 3% emulsifiers to make it mix with water. Usually one thorough spray gets rid of mites completely. If your conditions encourage mites to thrive (hot/dry), just spray once a month for continuous control. If you have a lot of plants, use an electronic paint sprayer to "fog" the plants with a wet mist. DO NOT go crazy and spray every few days and DO NOT use at anything greater than 15 ml per litre. If you do, you will run the risk of damaging your plants by suffocating their stomata. The damage shows up as blotchy yellowing and browning of the foliage. Plants will recover from that; but, they look like hell until they outgrow it.

Back