Orchid wish-list

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Hi. It's that time again; when all the good little boys and girls get to wish for their favorite orchids. Let's see whats on your wish-list:

Mine is:
LARGE pot of Lepanthes calodictyon
Paph Chrystelle.
Phrag Ralph Gouldner
Phrag Plemont
any of the Canadian Phrags that have eluded me thus far!

Thanks to a couple of posters on slippertalk, there are two on my list, but I'll be amazed if I can find them:

Gastrochilus bellinus
Gastrochilus somai

Paph tigrinum

I bought a flask of Sam Tsui recently but they look like they are going to be a real battle. A flowering size plant maybe a much better bet but I've never seen one for sale.

David

LARGE pot of Lepanthes calodictyon

Thanks for starting this thread, but what's with the "LARGE" and really it's prettier on a mount?!?!

Anyway, on my list is Masdevallia infracta. A friend gave me a nice one once, but I managed to lose it :(

on my wish list is a new apartment where I can water my plants and if some gets on the floor it doesn't matter and if it gets really humid mold doesn't grow. would also be nice if I could just open an outside door and hose any mess out through it! orchid growing isn't carpet friendly!

I just received a division of a variegated neofintetia in trade for doing some closeup photography for a club member, so I don't have any real plant wishes (though another phal maculata flava would be really nice ;) or a colorful, fragrant phal lindenii) i'd make a non-phal wish for a phrag wallisii, but I don't have the space for things like that!

A second GH, one 8 x 12 is not enough!

"Eric, I think you really need a new apartment in your wish list to accommodate all those phrags..." I agree paphioboy!

Gosh, everyone is ever so restrained. Mine's a foot long :eek: It's mostly nothing too fancy, I just don't have any space.

Non slippers

Bulbophyllum medusae
Cattleya skinneri var. albo-oculata
Cattleya skinneri alba
Comparettia species after seeing Paul's speciosa
Cymbidiella rhodochila
Maxillaria sanderiana

Slippers

Paph. Johanna Burkhardt
Paph William Ambler
Paph Mount Toro
Paph Stone Addict
Paph Addicted Phillip

Paph adductum
Paph armeniacum
Paph emersonii (one that grows and doesn't drop dead. might have to wait a decade or so :p)
Paph hangianum
Paph malipoense
Paph druryi
More Paph leucochilum
More album brachys
More pink & white complexes

Phrag Carol Kanzer
Phrag Cardinale
Phrag Pink Panther
Phrag Barbara LeAnn
Phrag Mini Grande

Gosh, everyone is ever so restrained. Mine's a foot long :eek: It's mostly nothing too fancy, I just don't have any space.
:poke:That's why I don't have much of a wishlist, need more space! and money!:p now I'm not sure which should be first!

The only orchid on my wish list is Paph Cybele (lawrencianum x druryi). I had a division of one that a friend gave me years ago but I lost it. Been wanting a replacement ever since.

I've only been growing orchids for less than two years, so I still want them all. My list is infinite. Space is another issue entirely:sob:

time and experience usually helps narrow the field a bit,... usually :)
after a while there may be some that you just hate to keep throwing out :( and don't buy anymore (or you go crazy and modify your growing area with all sorts of bells and whistles)

I'm okay on plants for now. I have my hands full enough with what I've got. My wish is another lighting system since I have about twelve plants that summered outside and are not getting adequate light.(everything grew..go figure) Of course with another lighting system that will give me more light than I need for just twelve plants. So, I will buy more plants to fill the extra space. I saw some on Elena's list that reminded me. Then my wish will be for someone part time to help me with the extra work. Oh will it ever stop.:eek:

--Allen--

Just cracked and put in an order with Popow orchids, and with Sam Tsui. So my wish list will hopefully soon be a have list.:D:D:D

I'm so weak! :evil:

Dan

Latest posts

Back