Orchid Supplies Questions For Members in EU

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Is it easy to find plant grow lights/LED lights, shelving units, orchiata of different sizes...Or would it be better to bring my own stuff with me as much as possible?

Is it easy to find plant grow lights/LED lights, shelving units, orchiata of different sizes...Or would it be better to bring my own stuff with me as much as possible?
I'll try to offer my experiences:

- LED lights: depends, you can order those "grow lights" usually from China, but I simply use LED fixtures that are sold for terrariums, they also come in waterproof packaging which is useful
- Shelving units: depends, again, on what exactly. You can buy simple racks from hardware store like Bauhaus or you can find a fancy cabinet from Ikea
- Orchiata: I've not seen that specific brand sold, but you can usually buy it either from your local gardening store (even supermarkets like Spar sell orchid bark/coconut husk mixes these days) or order from an online shop like Schwerter/Ecuagenera Europe (ex-Roellke), they usually supply higher quality bark of specific granulation as well as other materials like spaghnus moss, pumice, perlite, etc.

Latest posts

Back