Orchid show: Life and Garden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

Today I visited the Orchid Show that is organised by the Dutch Orchid Society "Orchideeen Vereniging Brabant Zuid Oost". The show is being organised in the Garden Center "Life and Garden" that is situated close to the town Helmond. If anyone wants to go there the show is open tomorrow as well.

There are plants shown from various Orchid Societies from the south eastern part of the Netherlands and at least one society from Belgium. There was also a sales stand of a Dutch nursery and there were plants included in the show of another Dutch nursery and a German nursery.

Here are some pictures I want to share with you all. Being a slipperfan I don't need to explain what my focus was when taking pictures. :D

IMG_0563klein.jpg

IMG_0550klein.jpg

A nice Phrag hybrid
IMG_0551klein.jpg

Another Phrag hybrid
IMG_0552klein.jpg

Paph. esquirolei
IMG_0553klein.jpg

IMG_0554klein.jpg

A crate filled with insigne and an unknown Paph hybrid
IMG_0555klein.jpg

IMG_0558klein.jpg

IMG_0560klein.jpg

Paph. venustum
IMG_0557klein.jpg

IMG_0558klein.jpg

A very nice Paph. fowlie
IMG_0559klein.jpg

Phrag. besseae hybrid, Paph. sukhakulii, Paph. niveum, Paph. delenatii still in bud
IMG_0561klein.jpg

IMG_0566klein.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the show.

Looks like a great show -- thanks for the tour.

I think the crates are an interesting way to group plants and display them.

Nice blooms, thanks for sharing!!!! (were there some of yours?)

I visited Helmond ( => Herman ter Borch ) some years ago, but its already quite some distance from Luxbg. :eek: !! Jean

Nice blooms, thanks for sharing!!!! (were there some of yours?)

I visited Helmond ( => Herman ter Borch ) some years ago, but its already quite some distance from Luxbg. :eek: !! Jean

No there are no plants of mine in the show. I'm not a member of any Orchid Society.

The last photo of the coelogyne (is it chloroptera??) is great!!! Thank you for the enjoyable tour Nik... :D

oh no!
i mean...

Secretary's of two societies have allready tried to "recruit" me. Have to think about it a couple of times. I haven't found a lot of benefits for me personally that I would gain by becoming a member of a society.

Great looking Show. Cool specimen plant of P. fowlie

Indeed, there were some nice plants in the show but the ones that really cought my eyes were the fowliei and the venustum. Both plants were very big and had so many growths I didn't bother with counting them.

Back