Orchid Quilting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
So I decided to start making some quilts based on my plants. I still have to stitch these and use some cool contrasting thread...sort of like thread painting. But, it's a start. 2 blocks to start with and to try a few techniques with;)

img4791l.jpg

Maybe auction items for the forum...just a thought. (Pillow appliques?)

--Allen--

:clap: :drool: Love the parvi, especially the use of the plaid for the underneath side of the leaves!

So, I know it's been ages since I posted this. But, I finally got them done. I will most likely frame them and find homes for them. Sorry for the lighting and stray threads...it's very overcast here today.
img63372.jpg

img63262.jpg

img63272k.jpg

img63312.jpg

img63302.jpg

img63322.jpg

These are beautiful. Can you enter them in the arts division of a local orchid show?

These are beautiful. Can you enter them in the arts division of a local orchid show?

Probably. Though I'd be up against a painter and a photographer from my local society and they probably wouldn't win. But, who needs more ribbons anyway! That's actually a good idea, thanks.

And thanks for all the encouragement. I think in the future I'll do more but do them with darker backgrounds.

Latest posts

Back