Orchid Quilting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Candace

Reaction score
So I decided to start making some quilts based on my plants. I still have to stitch these and use some cool contrasting thread...sort of like thread painting. But, it's a start. 2 blocks to start with and to try a few techniques with;)

rdhed

Reaction score
Maybe auction items for the forum...just a thought. (Pillow appliques?)

--Allen--

G

goldenrose

:clap: :drool: Love the parvi, especially the use of the plaid for the underneath side of the leaves!

L

lindafrog

beautiful and very creative, look forward to seeing more...

Candace

Reaction score
So, I know it's been ages since I posted this. But, I finally got them done. I will most likely frame them and find homes for them. Sorry for the lighting and stray threads...it's very overcast here today.

L

lindafrog

These are beautiful. Can you enter them in the arts division of a local orchid show?

Candace

Reaction score
These are beautiful. Can you enter them in the arts division of a local orchid show?
Probably. Though I'd be up against a painter and a photographer from my local society and they probably wouldn't win. But, who needs more ribbons anyway! That's actually a good idea, thanks.

And thanks for all the encouragement. I think in the future I'll do more but do them with darker backgrounds.

Candace

Reaction score
Wow! One year's labor. I hope I dont have to buy those! $$$
They sat as UFO's(unfinished objects) all this time. And since they're not phrags they shouldn't tempt you:poke: Maybe the next one will be a phrag...hmmm...

Latest posts