Orchid Quest - Feb 5th & 6th 2011 - Fred Clarke will be speaking

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GaryB

I think we've got a great show lined up this year! More than 20 vendors, including Slippertalk's tomkalina, will be selling orchids, supplies, decorative pots and more.

And don't miss the opportunity to here Fred Clarke speak on recent trends in Cycnoches, Mormodes, Catasetums breeding. Plus he is accepting pre-orders with a 10% discount (and no shipping costs) for plants and the deadline is Jan 31st.Sunset Valley Orchids, Vista, CA 92081
(760) 310-0778. E-mail: [email protected] www.sunsetvalleyorchids.com

And if you don't want to drive, check out the 1 and 2-day Bus Tours from Western Wisconsin, Chicago and other Illinois cities, which include a stop at Orchids Garden Center (Chuck Acker) and dinner at a great restaurant, Quivey's Grove.

For more info: http://www.orchidguild.org/orchidquest.html

I'm managing registration for judging this year, so stop by and say hi when you have a moment.

Gary

Hi Gary,

We'll be there w bells on our toes! We've attended the OQ show for at least 15years; it's the first of only three shows we do on an annual basis. Sam Tsui and Jason Fischer will also have sales table near Fox Valley, so here's your chance to visit w three ST vendors for the price of one!

Last edited:
Orchid Quest is a top notch show by a top notch club (Orchid Growers' Guild) and among the largest in the region (Minneapolis, Green Bay, Iowa City, Davenport, Rockford, Milwaukee, greater Chicago...) in terms of attendance and plant entries. The stats amaze me when you consider it's in early Feb in icy Madison, WI and on Super Bowl weekend. I will certainly miss not judging and shopping it! :) And don't miss the chance to visit Chuck Acker either at the show or at "the shop".

If you only go to one show in 2011 , make sure it is this show. There are lots of beautiful displays, and many great vendors. I always spend way more than i should at this show, but i always come home with some great plants.

Latest posts

Back