Orchid number plate spotted in London.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garysan

It's a learning curve...
Reaction score
Actually found some imagery of this via Google when it was on a Range Rover back when I was looking for an Orchid orientated number plate on a bit of a whim - never got one in the end.

Interestingly, I stumbled across this parked on a side-street in Knightsbridge this afternoon whilst walking about. Most likely the same person still owns the plate but has changed the Range Rover for a Porsche Panamera.

Thought you guys might be interested to have a looksy...

panamera_01.jpg

panamera_02.jpg

Does their orchid taste match their car taste and if so what do they keep??

Using Google StreetView, I can see that the car was parked in a Residents Only parking bay which suggests the owner lives nearby. I'm in London fairly regularly so I'll keep a look out for it next time I'm in Knightsbridge/Chelsea and maybe put a note under the windscreen wiper :)

I'll also keep an eye for it at orchid shows in and around London to see if I can figure out if the owner does keep/grow orchids.

Watch this space :)

A bit of a show-off, isn't it? :rollhappy: (and lots of Orwell's big brother, scary)

I'm going to the British Orchid Growers Summer Fair tomorrow in Twickenham. I still have the pics on my phone so will ask about and see if they are 'known'...

Are front and rear plates usually different colors in the UK?
Does the font spacing look altered to anyone else's eye? To me it looks like s/he made 'HI' out of 'H'. (O course it is London, certain parts drop their haitches.)

Are front and rear plates usually different colors in the UK?
Does the font spacing look altered to anyone else's eye? To me it looks like s/he made 'HI' out of 'H'. (O course it is London, certain parts drop their haitches.)

Yes, front are always white and rear always yellow (except for really old registrations which are in some cases black with silver lettering but these are rare).

Actual number is ORC 111D but they've strategically placed a black screw cap in between two 1's to make it look like a H. Spacing is correct though.

No luck today at BOGA Summer Fair.... Several people I asked were impressed by the plate but no one had any clue as to who the owner might be...

Fair was much quieter than last year; hopefully tomorrow will be better for them. Speaking with Jac from Wubben, he said although it was quiet, the people he'd seen/met were all buying rather than just looking.

Latest posts

Back