Orchid Inn order

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Multi Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took advantage of the new website and discounts to grab a bunch of stonei, platyphyllum, supardii, PEoY, Wössner Black Wings, and WBW × stonei. They were perfectly packed, only one cracked leaf out of 39 plants in the box. I was planning to have my new greenhouse up before they got here, but the weather had other plans so they're going to have to make do with 4' of bench space for the moment lol

Attachments

• 20200520_131116.jpg
    20200520_131116.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 122
The shipping cost is not bad at all considering that it covers two day fedex and the best packing I've ever seen. It took me well over an hour to unpack them all, whoever does the packing must have spent even longer prepping them.

I just bought four plants from Sam for $290 (I splurged on a BS malipoense :)). The plants arrived quickly and in great shape. The 10% discount covered the $26 shipping, which I think was just right for 2-day FedEx.

I was tempted but the shipping cost is a bit high. Anyone want to do do a group order in the DC area?
Sorry I just got a kovachii delivered Friday. But I would go in on some Cattleyas if you are still planning on ordering. Probably the largest kovachii I’ve ever received for this price point and I ordered the smaller NBS. It came with two new growth, new roots.. great shape.

Sorry I just got a kovachii delivered Friday. But I would go in on some Cattleyas if you are still planning on ordering. Probably the largest kovachii I’ve ever received for this price point and I ordered the smaller NBS. It came with two new growth, new roots.. great shape.

im interested in 1 maybe 2 plants. Anyone else around DC? I’m in no rush Pete if my plants sent to you. You can bring the plants to me later; bring the family to the our pool and we can go to Orchids For You 15 minutes from my house

Which one Justin?

Hi Bob--Probably going to grab another roth flask. I got one of the flasks from his other GM sib cross last fall when he was out here but can always use more :)

My seedlings from 2007-2010 flasks are blooming or on second/third blooming. A bunch are still coming up, but always good to keep the pipeline flowing.

In my indoor, non-greenhouse conditions I find that roth seedlings take at least 10 years to bloom from flask, and then they don't really show their true form or add flower count until at least the second blooming.

Still have not found that FCC clone from seed but maybe someday :)

You guys think 40 dollars fedex 2 day shipping for 10 plants is expensive? Seriously? The joculator angel for my reef tank cost 150 dollars to ship.

I wanted to go within 2 weeks but we are moving our office June 30 so I'm too busy. I will be there after that. Let me look at Sam's catalog and see if there are a few things I need!!!

Latest posts

Back