Orchid import gone wrong...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, that brings back memories. Pk was exported for years before Michael tried to have it named. George could have been a little more discreet. CITES enforcement is convoluted and ridiculous.

For a reasonably stated CITES explanation read ORCHID FEVER by
Eric Hanson and skip all the "official language" that is confusing and
often contradictory. The whole book is a fun read too.

ORCHID FEVER was such a fun and informative book! Talk about an epic adventure! I couldn't wait to find out why happened next with each turn of the page. Thank you so much for the recommendation. ❤️😊🌱

Heritage Foundation. Reaganistic/Thatcherite trash. Its antediluvian excuses for political philosophy have led directly to the global crisis of poverty, climate destruction, healthcare crises, etc. The organization itself is wildly corrupt, of course with a budget north of $80 million.

Orchid Fever by Eric Hanson is more or less "pretty true", I knew a few of the tangential characters, the book more or less has it correct.

As to the Heritage Foundation story about George, eh, not so much.

I had a lengthy discussion with Mr. Hanson when the book came out and have read his
other publications as well. He's a first class, dependable source of information and a
fine writer.

Something isn't quite right with it ....... eg. One, Special Agent Jeff Odom of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service ...... should be special agent from Odom's Orchids.

Latest posts

Back