orchid display at last show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to put in a little larger display this year at the show in Indianapolis. Mostly common stuff and easy growers, but about half of them are slippers. Several pulled for AOS judging, but no awards.

Mike

I really like that cochlopetalum hybrid sitting bottom left-center. Any idea what that is? The flowers are quite large, with good contrast between the chartreuse dorsal sepal and pink pouch. I also like the orange toned phals in the top right. Good job!

Now I'm inspired. A few months back, I feel like 1/2 my collection was in bloom, I totally should have gotten motivated and entered my own display into an orchid show.

I really like that cochlopetalum hybrid sitting bottom left-center. Any idea what that is? The flowers are quite large, with good contrast between the chartreuse dorsal sepal and pink pouch. I also like the orange toned phals in the top right. Good job!

Now I'm inspired. A few months back, I feel like 1/2 my collection was in bloom, I totally should have gotten motivated and entered my own display into an orchid show.

It seem it is a cochlo x hangianum forme, already posted in ST, to be confirmed...

It seem it is a cochlo x hangianum forme, already posted in ST, to be confirmed...

You are correct. I went back and looked at the threads Orchid527 has stared and there's one for liemianum x hangianum. And go figure, I commented on the plant in that thread. I think that settles it, I must have one. Now if only the legal hangianums and hanginanum hybrids could enter the U.S. market a bit more quickly.

You are correct. It is liemianum x hangianum. It is such an interesting flower that I wanted to have it in the display, but I tried to be sensitive about the subject of legality and labeled it euphemistically as liemianum x emersonii "h". I also put "No AOS Judging" on the tag, but it was pulled anyway. When I saw what had happened, I went into the judging area and retrieved the plant. It was a little embarrassing, but the judges out of the Cincinnati center are all good people and were understanding.

The yellow/orange phals in the upper right section are Pylo's Texas Heat sibs out of a flask from Peter Lin.

Mike

Latest posts

Back