Orchiata?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubea

Reaction score
I have some multifloral and parvi paphs and all of them are in either 2 in or 3 in pots. What size Orchiata would you guys recommend?

Aaron

It all depends on how you culture your plants, if you want an honest answer. There really is no silver bullet when it comes to potting media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The size of the roots is also important. Normally I put small seedlings in pots that size which have thinner roots. Hence, I use smaller bark.

I have lots of seedlings of parvi and a few multi-floral hybrids in 2 inch tall pot and 3inch pot. I use the same small (not seedling grade but larger) particle of orchiata mixed with perlite and other that I use on larger paphs in 3.75 and 4 inch pot. I water them on a bit more frequent interval.

orchiata classic (1/4 - 3/8) for seedlings up to 4" pot. 80%:10%:10% (perlite and river gravel)
power for larger sized seedlings

growing in the northeast us in a greenhouse

watering whenever the bark looks dry on top and shows no 'wet spots' on sides of the translucent pots (mostly every other day in the winter) everyday in summer

Back