one full year for me...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha! that was a joke, right?
now i can go a day or so typically without wanting one....

Thanks folks

Well keep it up:clap::clap:

It's been about a year since I started my diet, and I've dropped about 30 lbs and kept it off. (I still crave bacon too:sob:)

Not to be a downer for Brian, my husband quit 15 1/2 yrs. ago & he says if he's ever diagnosed with something terminal, he'd go back in a second! :eek:

the deal i made is that i'm allowed to start again when i'm 70.
when i quit i knew that i would never entirely lose the cravings. (funny thing about addictions...:viking:)

Well keep it up:clap::clap:

It's been about a year since I started my diet, and I've dropped about 30 lbs and kept it off. (I still crave bacon too:sob:)

congrats!!

Congratulations to you and everyone else who quite smoking over the years. Your doing your body and the people around you a big favour!

just passed four years
:)
Awesome! ...and don't you dare start up again when you turn 70! :poke: :wink:

My last cigarette was on November 1st 2004. I loved to smoke, and yet I hated it too!
I can honestly say that I regret every puff I ever took! :(

Awesome!

I'm right behind you, think tomorow is seven weeks here.

Congrats on seven weeks! :clap: I hope you can string together seven more after that and then another seven and another and another... :wink:

just passed four years
:)
Congrats! It's really strong of you to be able to do it. :clap:

As a child to smoking parents I can say that there was (and still is) nothing that made me more proud than when my mother decided to quit I don't know how long a time ago. She started smoking when she was eleven so I was one heck of a proud kid when she kicked the habit. I think it's 20 years ago since she quit now, and I'm still so darn proud of her for keeping it up. :D

Mutant- Congrats to your mother too! And everyone who has quit. My mother never quit. She didn't live long enough to get cancer, but I will always think that her smoking (Pall Malls..unfiltered...she always claimed that tobacco is a better filter than the cottony stuff) contributed to her cardiac arrest at 65. I never smoked, but the constant smoke I was exposed to, not just from her, but from my college buddies, left my lungs permanently sensitive...I can't even tolerate 2nd hand smoke on an open street. So...my unfailing admiration to all of you who have successfully quit!

Latest posts

Back