One battle at a time

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about it Lance. By the time it happens, we'll be long dead.

And Dot, our own way of life depends on the growth of population. More consumer means more growth, more jobs, more taxpayers, a booming economy. And the rest of the world is following in our footsteps. They too want the good life. We're stuck in a planet-wide Ponzi scheme and we know how it will end but not when. :crazy:

Don't worry about it Lance. By the time it happens, we'll be long dead.

And Dot, our own way of life depends on the growth of population. More consumer means more growth, more jobs, more taxpayers, a booming economy. And the rest of the world is following in our footsteps. They too want the good life. We're stuck in a planet-wide Ponzi scheme and we know how it will end but not when. :crazy:

I know that's the way it's been. But I think ultimately we will have to seek equilibrium. Growth is not sustainable.

There is hope if we work hard at convincing our politicians and people in general that we have alternatives. In Sweden, there is a city that recuperates human wastes and changes them into fuel for cars and buses. The town of 80 000 is totally free of oil.
I've heard of some scientists who have invented artificial trees that scrub CO2 from the air 24 hours a day and 365 days a year no matter what the season.
The solution is recycling the metals, the wood, the human and animal wastes into a loop. These are the kind of things that every community can do on their own. Learn to transform the waste into energy and new products. It's being done elsewhere around the world. The technology is well understood. There should be no reason for landfills anymore. But old habits die hard and those who profit from the way things are done now won't change until change is the only thing left to do.

I learned from friends who work in water treatment (phosporous removal etc). He said that nowadays the bacteria that consume or bind phosphorous
in waterways and ponds are 10 times stronger than whatever was known before. So perhaps we have to think how to produce SUPER BACTERIA that is so strong that can chump human waste in matter of days and turn this into compost. Just TYO (treat your own) onsite, no expensive treatment plant and pipe networks, no watersupply wastage (10 billion litre of secondary treated effluent into the ocean every day), no headworks charges for land developers, no sewerage rates. Block of land price will come down immediately. Block of land (400m2) in WA is now from $200K to $350K in newly developed area. It is a crazy price to pay.
It is a challenge for micro biologists to produce this super bug. It is also a challenge for the government to provide funds of tens of millions for this research, which could save tens of billions in sewerage infra structure and its operational cost

Latest posts

Back