Oncidium Twinkles 'White'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

What would be a good subject for a new macro lens?

My husband said the photos look better than the real plant!

Very nice photos. Does this have a fragrance?
Oh yes all the Twinkles color varieties are fragrant!

Is that a white plant, or a pale yellow plant?
I'd call it an off white with yellow & orange. There is Twinkles "Yellow', 'Pink' & 'Red'. The yellow is yellow, the pink is light pink & I don't think I've seen I red but I have seen it listed for sale. As they mature, they very floriforous.

very nice pictures! Must be about the same flower size as my Oncidium ornithorhynchum; I know about the difficulties to have a good photo of those small flowers! Jean

very nice pictures! Must be about the same flower size as my Oncidium ornithorhynchum; I know about the difficulties to have a good photo of those small flowers! Jean
Thanks Jean - ornithorhynchum is a parent (or in the background), so yes flower size is very much the same!(as is the fragrance!)

I think I saw Orchids of Los Osos, one of our vendors, with several of those for sale on E bay.
I like the profusion of blooms, and the fragrance is a nice bonus too.

I like pastel yellows and pinks but white is fine too. Was thinking it looked yellow to me and was wondering why the plant was named Twinkles 'White'. Kinda neat that it phases out of one color and into another color.

Back