Oncidium Intergenerics

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

tahoma1.jpg

tahoma2.jpg

Bllra Tropic Splendor ‘Golden Gate’ AM/AOS

mustard.jpg

Brsdm Shooting Star ‘Mustard’ HCC/AOS

shelob.jpg

Mtssa Shelob ‘Tolkien’ AM/AOS

shadylady.jpg

Vuyl Melissa Brianne ‘Shady Lady’ HCC/AOS

I love these! Now let's see how fast I can kill them. :)

Culture advice is welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them, too! The only Onc. I've been able to bloom is Sharry Baby. My other brassia hybrids just grow... I'll be looking forward to reading what others have to suggest to you... Barb

From what I have read, they will grow really well in medium light. But to get them to bloom, they need high light 2000-3000 footcandles.

PHRAG said:
From what I have read, they will grow really well in medium light. But to get them to bloom, they need high light 2000-3000 footcandles.

That's perfect fc range for most multi-floral paph! :poke: :wink:

I love the Oncidium intergenerics!

I once made a cross of Brapasia Serene and Odontonia Lake Harbur. I ended up that it was a new genera of orchids. I named it Derosarra Devine. This was after my mentor, Victor DeRosa.

Greenpaph,

Can you suggest some of the great OI's that I might look up? I have a couple more on my want list right now like Charles M Fitch and Royal Robe. What do you like, and post some photos if you have the time! :)

Can anyone tell me how to divide these? The ones I have now fit easily into 4 inch pots, but once they outgrow these, I will probably divide them if I can so I keep them small. Maybe I could just trim off older psuedobulbs every two years or so?

Well, I have 3 of the ones posted :) .Also I'll be dividing my shooting star mustard (Pic posted recently) if anyone is interested.

OMG-What a question!!!I like them all but I don't have that many.I like the chas Marden Fitches-the darker the better,vuyl Melissa Brianne,Aliceara Sunday's Best Muffin, etc.,etc. ,etc.

Here is my wish list...

Adaglossum Summit ‘French Town’ AM/AOS
Alcra Sunday Best 'Muffin' HCC/AOS
Beallara Marfitch 'Howard's Dream' AM/AOS
Burrageara Living Fire 'Dark Fires' HCC/AOS
Degarmoara Hani 'Star of Unicorn' AM/AOS
Gomada Admaste
Miltassia C.M. Fitch 'Dark Monarch'
Miltassia Denis Kleinback ‘Crowhurst’ AM/AOS
Miltassia Royal Robe 'Jerry's Pick'
Odontocidium Tiger Crow 'Golden Girl' HCC/AOS
Wilsonara Kolibri

Heather is going to kill me for not buying a Roth instead, but these are so easy to bloom I just can't pass them up. :D

My Melissa Brianne just started sending up another spike and two new bulbs. Maybe I should have listened when people said they get big!

I think you have been traumatized by a non-slipper orchid in the past. It's ok, you can tell us. We're your friends.

Heather, if you aren't careful you are going to become that strange lady who has been at every orchid society meeting I have ever been to. You know the type, who look at the show-n-tell table and make faces at the phals. "Hrrrrmph, phals are for beginners."

:rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back