Oncidium Intergeneric Lovers Only!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,

They may have the same clonal name, but the flowers have distinctly different lips. All the photos I found of this clone online have a lip just like mine, so that means you have the most rare Golden Girl of all. :)

I just looked at my picture more closely...mine does have the cut but the distal end of the labellum is broader and comes up and fills in where the waist is.

Here's another one. This is Alicera Maury Island Fantasy. Its been a bit more troublesome than most of my other intergenerics, but I like the huge lip. The flowers remind me of Jamaican Ladies with outstretched arms and flaring vivid skirts.

Rick, I can clearly see your Jamaican Ladies in the photo. I like it.

Why was it troublesome?

Rick, I can clearly see your Jamaican Ladies in the photo. I like it.

Why was it troublesome?

1) It hoards mealy bugs and scale
2) It's kind of slow growing no matter where I put it in the GH
3) The blooming is more sequential than multi and the first few blooms on a spike are often messed up.
4) The blooms aren't very long lasting compared to most other intergenerics I have.

Maybe in general I've been keeping it too warm and bright?

This is my favorite onc in my collection: Odontoglossum Eric's Parade

DSC_0006.jpg

Oh!!! I love Eric's Parade. I don't have a yellow one and would like to find one. Can you tell me where you found this one?

Hi Grandma,

I bought it from a local vendor here in Vancouver...

I have seen it available at paramount's website.. but it's probably a big hassle to bring plants across the border.

I'm going to keep my eye out for that one. I have wanted a yellow one and that is one I really like. I have debated over a couple other yellow ones but I have not seen one I like as much as 'Eric's Parade'.

Thanks for posting that pic.

Back