Onc. (Papillio) Mendenhall 'Hildos'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This one wasn't easy to photograph since the spike is several ft. long! Kept swaying in the breeze and made it blurry. Fairly common clone that's growing in s/h in medium light in the greenhouse.

OncMendenhallHildos.jpg

Edit: My tag needs updating. It's Psychopsis Mendenhall 'Hildos' and the clone has now received a FCC/AOS

I have the same clone. After two years of waiting & waiting & waiting.
Finally it spikes this year.
Last month when the spike was about 9 inches tall, one night I watered all the psychopsis, reaching over the Hildos to water the others in the middle of the tray, suddenly, I heard a tiny sharp sound, then something flying by my face really quick.
You can guess what was flying by now, don't you.:sob:
It just starts a side branch now.

Oh, Hien:( Good thing they can produce flowers off of one spike for almost forever. I've got a few others that are seedling crosses and so far my favorite due to it being the largest and brightest colored, is this one. Kinda hard to compete with an FCC quality plant, though. I've got an alba one that should bloom for me for the first time, soon. I'm looking forward to it. Psychopsis are know for blasting spikes and flowers for some people, and kind of fussy about their media going bad. I think they're cool!

Back