• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

On behalf of Buddy Mark

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Barry

Reaction score
Buddy Mark would like to do a re-make of Paph Sabrina Mark, named in honor of his wife, who sadly is critically ill and not expected to survive. The parents are Paph Derocles and Paph Hellas. Buddy is seeking in-spike or blooming size divisions. I don't think finding a Hellas will be nearly as challenging as finding a Derocles, since Hellas is still used heavily in breeding complex Paphs. Derocles, on the other hand, appears to be relegated to heirloom status since it has gained little reputation as a breeder.

If any one has Derocles in bloom and is willing to part with some pollen, that would work as a backup plan, but Buddy really wants the plants on the possibility that the first attempt is unsuccessful.

If you can help Buddy out, or know of someone else who can, please contact me privately.

Thanks,
Rick

I did a little research and Paph Derocles has been awarded 15 times. 14 of these awards were given to plants grown by Robert E. McElderry of Burlingame, CA, between 1973 and 1981. Perhaps you can trace some plants using this as a starting point. The most recent award was given to Paph Derocles 'The Giant' in 1984 and was grown by Patricia Trumble of Boulder, CO. This flower had a natural spread of 15 cm. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back