OK, which two of you did this to each other !

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
:D :D :D

We hope the flower lives up to expectations - at least it seems to have a pretty good pedigree? But, Hien, I consider you the better judge of that!

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
I had it on my watchlist, not because I had any intent on buying it, I was just curious to see how much it would sell for and that's my methodology for tracking it. I was absolutely not expecting it to go anywhere near that high, and I'm sort of at a loss to understand why it was worth that much.

troy

Reaction score
It is worth that much because that is what somebody is willing to pay for it... to that person of course

Hien

Reaction score
I had it on my watchlist, not because I had any intent on buying it, I was just curious to see how much it would sell for and that's my methodology for tracking it. I was absolutely not expecting it to go anywhere near that high, and I'm sort of at a loss to understand why it was worth that much.
Just like you I watch it as well to see how far the boxing match goes , in this case I think someone is just annoying that there is another bidder and trying to outdo the competitor.

Last edited:

Hien

Reaction score
:D :D :D

We hope the flower lives up to expectations - at least it seems to have a pretty good pedigree? But, Hien, I consider you the better judge of that!
well I think it is a good cross. it is one of the three crosses that came out of Thailand a few years ago.
-"Bleeding Heart" x "Gold Fish"
-"Gold Fish" x "NO. 1"
-"Dark" x "Fine spots"
It really depends on ones' taste, but from the limited number of 2 plants from each cross that I have, i like the "Gold Fish" x "NO.1" the best, next is "Dark" x "Fine Spots"
If you look at my Godefroyae-Leucochilum posted recently you will know why.

Hien

Reaction score
But the currently front runner breeding direction from Thailand already left these three crosses behind. I don't think those front runners ever stop running toward the future :rolleyes: , and you always see another "I got to have it" front runner comes out from nowhere :eek:

Last edited:

Hien

Reaction score
It is worth that much because that is what somebody is willing to pay for it... to that person of course
A few years ago, when these three crosses were new breeding, orchid inn have them for 65.00 , then recently I saw them sometimes around slightly below or above 30.00 on ebay . Even the selected breeding stock that Orchid Inn kept, Sam only list them at 100.00 .
By the way I think the seller PotteryChef1 is a Slippertalk member ? if he is, I am happy for him that he got a good price for his plant.

BigBaby

Reaction score
Was in my watchlist too but regardless of breeding the plant itself didn’t look like all that. Sometimes I push bids when my max gets beaten just to see how much people are willing to pay and partially out of spite lol ;)

Latest posts