Ok I give up.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Folks, I think Brachy paphs are great but I hate them coz' I dont do them very well at all. Paph niveum grows and flowers for me like a complex or Maudiae type, no trouble whatsoever, come the hybrids...well :(
Anyway, he is my effort with Paph S Gratrix.

SGratrixFyansCreek.jpg

My apologies to those who grow them well.

I have had similar experiences over the years with Brachypetalums. Those that grow them well seem to isolate them to a specific part of the greenhouse and grow them on the dry side with bright filtered light. I have seen some outstanding plants, but not in my greenhouse as it's a bit on the cool side. Most people will kill them within 5 years of purchasing them.The people that do the best seem to specialize.......

Well, Roy wish I could just say "send them to me and I'll trade you!" I think you did a pretty good job with this one! I wouldn't feel too badly, you bloom some great plants. We all seem to have a weak area. For me, I can bloom sanderianum hybrids o.k. but the plants themselves look really bad. Yellow and some sort of nutritional deficiency no matter what I do. It may just be simply too much sun but grrrr!

Latest posts

Back