Oil and Acrylic Paintings of my Slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtwist

Crownrot Prince
Reaction score
Finally had the chance this year to paint some of my slippers. Mostly studies in my sketchbook so far, but also a more finished oil painting of Paph. Stone Praetorian (stonei x glanduliferum) and a mixed media piece of Paph. Duke of Burgundy (JBurkhardt x Lady Isobel). It makes a nice change for me, from my usual bird and animal subjects. Hope to get the time to do more!
You can view all I've done so far on the orchid page of my website - Orchid Paintings | chrisjonesart
Chris (UK)

Paph. Stone Praetorian websize.jpgPaph. Wossner Black Wings websize.jpgPaph. Gloria Naugle websize.jpgStone Praetorian websize.jpgDuke of Burgundy studies websize.JPG

Thank you so much for all the kind comments. Any comparison to the great John Day is humbling praise indeed!
I hope in time to get enough orchid stuff together for an exhibition, maybe even a book, but time will tell. I’ll post more slipper paintings as I do them. :)

These are great botanical art! The pouch of the GN is outstanding.

Do you do requests? PM me??
Hi Dr. Leslie,
Thanks for your kind comments. Yes, I do commissions!
I don’t seem to be able to pm you (at least not from my phone). Please email me through my website and we can discuss.
Best regards
Chris
www.chrisjonesart.com

Chris, those are nothing short of spectacular.

I honestly thought one or two were photographs.
Many thanks Ray. I find slippers so inspiring to paint, and working with the plant in front of me really allows me to see every detail.
Chris

Latest posts

Back