Oeoniella polystachys

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave b

Reaction score
First bloom. Only 2 flowers, one open now. Flowers small, lateral sepal width is 1 1/8 inch wide. Night fragrant, and surprisingly strong for one small flower. Spicy-floral type scent. Angraecoid orchid from Madagascar, Seychelles, and Comoros.

closeup.jpg

100_2329.jpg

Very beautiful... I wish I could keep such species alive... THey don't like me... :(

Flowered my similar size plant last year. I only bought it coz it looked interesting in the pics. Its a cute little thing, I hope it produces the good flower spikes on a big plant.

Bravo!

I love ALL of these guys. I need to have a talk with mine about spiking. The nicest one I've seen in person so far was one of Hoosier's (no surprise there). There isn't an angraecoid out there not worth growing.

I used to keep Day geckos, comorensis, guimbeaui, cepidaiana, etc. What wonderful places the jungles on those islands must be w/ such nice orchids, reptiles, lemurs, etc. Thanx for sharing.

not one that I am familiar with. I assume an African species and will check in my African book on it...neat looking species

Madagascar, but close. I came across them years ago and always wanted one. Leon (from Hoosiers) brought a couple to our show in Feb., and i had to get it. I look forward to better blooms in the future.

Very nice!

In college, I had to take at least one primatology class and had this great professor who did her research in Madagascar on lemurs and aye-ayes. She was one of my very favorite profs and though I didn't go into that aspect of Anthropology, I've always had a soft spot for the country and its inhabitants....except the huge cockroaches. :eek:

Latest posts

Back