Oeonia rosea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goods

Reaction score
A not often seen relative of Aerangis and Angraecum. Native to Madagascar.

26154388596_02312f886a_c.jpg

26180339205_01d1372395_c.jpg

Wow, wonderful, Zach! The one I got last year from Malala didn't make it. It was in a relatively decent condition, but I screwed up. I should try it again, maybe via LOC next time. Can you share your culture condition?

Eric, I'll get a picture of part of the plant later. It's about 18" long and viney.

Naoki, I grow this in my orchid tank alongside Lepanthes, mini Bulbos and two Cryptopus species. Temps range from low 60s winter nights to low 80s summer day. It is lit by a 2 bulb 4' T5HO fixture with bulbs that are past their prime and an additional fixture consisting of two 20" LED strips (Tank is 4' long, so these run in a line across the length up front.) Internal aquarium cooling fan (we've talked about this one before) for air circulation plus I run the ceiling fan at night for extra circulation. The actual tank is a 36x18x18 Exo Terra tank with an aquarium with the same dimensions flipped on top. There is a vent near the base but the top is sealed. The plant is mounted to a cypress mount with a small amount of coco fiber around the roots.

Thanks for the info, Zach! The flipped aquarium setup sounds interesting.

It's a side track, but is Cryptopus elatus ok in the intermediate range? I'm on my second. The last time, it was growing well for the first 5-6 months, and stopped growing, and gradual decline over a long time. I imagined that LOC is probably growing them warm, and my environment was too cold (60/73F), this time I'm growing warmer (68F/86F). I'm guessing that you probably know how they grow Cryptopus!

Latest posts

Back