NYEric this reminded me of your grow space!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And every time I think I have a unique house plant, after googling SRO always seems to have one of whatever it is.. I also love that she had a pet chicken in her apartment.

But the best part about this entire thing for her is.. she is siting on a fortune or plants. Last week I was approached for and sold a cutting of Philodendron rugosum for 200, and offered 300 for my large gloriosum today. Pandemic plant prices are absolutely insane right now specifically for Aroids (just look up anthurium warocqueanum on eBay) that was a 70 dollar plant before the shutdown.. many nurseries in southern states and South America can’t keep up with filling orders to meet demand. I wonder if this craze will spill over to the orchid world?

Alas Kippie passed. (Her chicken)

As for the houseplant craze, I don't think it will necessarily spill over to orchids. Part of the allure of these houseplants is that they are not commonly available and hard to propogate. This may translate to more interest in slippers, but I'm guessing the higher light requirement for some of the slippers may make them less popular. Also slippers are generally more "instagrammable" when in bloom (though some have nice foliage).

Pete ------ nice price. On ebay in Australia ----- some people are selling Monstera deliciosa borsigiana variegata for 'ridiculous' prices ------ putting price tags of up to 5000 or 6000 (ie. 6 thousand) Australian dollars for plants. And maybe single root cutting under auction - fetching between 1000 to 3000 Australian dollars. And some people really do pay that price hahahaha. I'm not going to pay 1000 dollars for a single root cutting of Monstera. Not even 50 dollars haha.

Funny, I subscribed to her YouTube channel for a bit last year until I was quickly over run with new videos so had to unsubscribe :/

And every time I think I have a unique house plant, after googling SRO always seems to have one of whatever it is.. I also love that she had a pet chicken in her apartment.

But the best part about this entire thing for her is.. she is siting on a fortune or plants. Last week I was approached for and sold a cutting of Philodendron rugosum for 200, and offered 300 for my large gloriosum today. Pandemic plant prices are absolutely insane right now specifically for Aroids (just look up anthurium warocqueanum on eBay) that was a 70 dollar plant before the shutdown.. many nurseries in southern states and South America can’t keep up with filling orders to meet demand. I wonder if this craze will spill over to the orchid world?

wish i had read this before i sold my warocqueanum for 45$ today... established in a pot 28" leaves... 5 of them... :) to funny....

Rich! This hurts. I’m so in the market for warocqueanum. Maybe you are just messing with me :)

na you are too far away.... surprised my plant sale list didn't make it down there though... it's spread into connecticut... dumping my dendrochilum collection... 10-15 plants left...

I separated them though not sure it's necessary. I have to read more and see if they can be combined.
I have combined the fertilizer water with fungicide Banrot and Subdue Maxx out of necessity when I had heavy rains coming. I have to treat every 7-10 days or so. None of the Paphs have been affected but a lot of my outdoor orchids get a fungal infection after heavy rains. Everything gets treated
Don´t you protect your Paphs from the rain, for example, under cover? It will avoid the application of too much fungicide, I think so.

Latest posts

Back