NYEric this reminded me of your grow space!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm in Manhattan. I used to live in Greenpoint, Bklyn. I can't believe how real estate has blown up in Brooklyn. Thanks for sharing I will check it out later.

I watched this and some of her videos. I think she's obsessed! :p
No, just kidding. She has a lot of knowledge about a lot of plants. That neighborhood though, by Whyte Street!!! There used to be crack hoes walking the street in daylight, now with all the development, I can't afford to walk on those streets!

I agree, she does have a LOT of plants...but don’t we all? I don’t have as many plants inside as she does but I have plants outside.

As for housing affordability, all NYC just seems expensive to me!

No, just kidding. She has a lot of knowledge about a lot of plants. That neighborhood though, by Whyte Street!!! There used to be crack hoes walking the street in daylight, now with all the development, I can't afford to walk on those streets!

No, just kidding.

hahahaha! I'm not kidding ------ it is obsessive haha. I mean --- if there is an automated watering system, then watering 1100+ plants could be manageable. Otherwise, it will be like a full-time gardening job to handle 1100 plants indoors.

But overall - very nice and interesting indoor jungle hehe. It is great and very cool that she can actually do something she massively enjoys. Quite enjoyed that video.

The level of obsession here is unbelievable....... I think she makes NYEric look good!
Her apartment looks clean, so thumps up for that.

Last edited:
Funny, I subscribed to her YouTube channel for a bit last year until I was quickly over run with new videos so had to unsubscribe :/

And every time I think I have a unique house plant, after googling SRO always seems to have one of whatever it is.. I also love that she had a pet chicken in her apartment.

But the best part about this entire thing for her is.. she is siting on a fortune or plants. Last week I was approached for and sold a cutting of Philodendron rugosum for 200, and offered 300 for my large gloriosum today. Pandemic plant prices are absolutely insane right now specifically for Aroids (just look up anthurium warocqueanum on eBay) that was a 70 dollar plant before the shutdown.. many nurseries in southern states and South America can’t keep up with filling orders to meet demand. I wonder if this craze will spill over to the orchid world?

Latest posts

Back