Number Tag System????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TADD

Rootless Wonder
Reaction score
Hey Does anyone remember a conversation we had about a vendor that used all number instead of names on their tags? Was is A&P???? I have a tag that is for a complex paph and it reads PA 8998 handwritten with pencil.... I hate that! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Does anyone remeber a converstation we had about a vendor that used all number instead of names on their tags? Was is A&P???? I have a tag that is for a complex paph and it reads PA 8998 handwritten with pencil.... I hate that! Thanks!

Someone in this forum said that it is the greatest system against orchid robbers.. & other too (you can fill it in here, since I dare not to evoke the omnipotent orchid PXXXXE word)

A lot of larger comercial growers mark plants this way. Nothing to do with thieves, everything to do with tracking inventory, a unit @ a certain cost. For example, plant XXX was obtained at a cost of $$$ and must be sold for $$$$ vs. plant YYY which was obtained at a cheaper cost and can be sold at $$. It doesn't matter that the species name or hybrid name for the two plants is the same. This avoids confusion for the accountant. Hopefully you can find it in A&P's catalog.

Thanks guys I emailed the A&P people, and have asked them if they know what the cross is etc... I haven't heard back from them yet, but with the holidays I can understand...... Patience....

I've had luck calling A&P to get a name from a tag number. That's how I found out I had a Paph Flamingo Gold...

yup. they're pretty big. four or so houses open to the public, each house is maybe thirty by 100 or so, a big house closed to the public and some other houses for cyms and i think masdevallias too.

Latest posts

Back