Now Playing - Films!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I watched Trainspotting (again).

I'd say it's one of my favorite movies. It's close to cinematic perfection in my opinion; the cinematography is great and the soundtrack fits oh so well. The heroin overdose scene with Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day' in the background is one of the best scenes in movie history in my rather uninformed opinion.

The night before I watched the Darjeeling Limited for the first time.

Like every other Wes Anderson movie, the soundtrack was impeccable. I especially appreciated the use of a few Kinks songs. It was pretty much what I expected. It didn't blow me away like The Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore, but maybe I need to watch it a couple more times. As a bit of a side note, the colors in this movie were gorgeous. All the blues and reds and golds make me ache to travel to India.

I just finished Zombie Honeymoon and if I''m forced to share, I'm a die hard horror fan in books and movies. That probably explains my sick sense of humor to most folks. I look forward to this event in my area http://www.horrorfestonline.com/faq.html I sat through at least 4 movies last year alone, because my husband is a sissy.

Heather, I'm right with you there on Leon: the Professional. I have the directors cut, which has a few other scenes, but only one or two of them really add to the film.

A few weeks ago, I watched Dr. Strangelove: Or How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb. That is the most brilliant black comedy in history, as far as I'm concerned, and Peter Sellers was awesome.

I thought Trainspotting was good, but not awesome. A little predictable, I guess. The music was good.

- Matt

- Matt

Its hard to enjoy films when your son was a film major.................That said, last night I saw the tail-end of The Lady Vanishes with my daughter...my film major son did a good job of turning her on to Hitchcock. As for me, I love good movies...and boy do I love bad movies! The really good bad movies! I'm looking forward to seeing George Romero's latest ..Diary of the Dead...but of course, given my phenomenal bad taste, John Waters must not go unmentioned..(eggs, anyone? While you walk the dog?) I highly recommend This Filthy World...its pure Waters...directed by Jeff Garlin (need I say I'm also a Curb Your Enthusiasm fan???) take care, Eric

O' Brother, Where Art Thou? is certainly one of our faves... "damn place is a geographical oddity... two weeks from everywhere".

-Ernie

"damn place is a geographical oddity... two weeks from everywhere".
-Ernie
= Liberty, N.Y.! :rollhappy:

Top 10: [no order]
Lock, stock & 2 smoking barrels
Terminator 2
Blues Brothers
Groundhog Day
Navy Seals
Diva
Pulp fiction
Aliens
Star Trek - Wrath of Khan
The Commitments

"The Commitments" was a fun film....
Has anyone here seen "The Dead"? I saw it once yrs ago and have wanted to see it again but can never find it.
It was John Houston's last film, based on a James Joyce story.

Last edited:
Rambo - First Blood

My son turned 13 last week, and said he wanted the Rambo movies. Took me by surprise actually. We went bin diving at Wal-Mart, and found 1 and 2.

Latest posts

Back