Not shin yis pride x anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly looks like it could be, lot of variability in these hybrids. But definitely has anitum...the other parent could be any of many sanderianum primaries. The form is average and nothing to write home about but nice dark color...and three flowers a plus

Last edited:
My thought was a wossner black wings, maybe a wrong tag was put in, I got it from an ebay vendor not sure which one, it was a seedling when I got it

anitum tends to dominate...shin yi pride is MK x roth and that hybrid has so many variations itself, ..but I see some roth here. Sometimes kids dont resemble their grandparents at all

if its shin yi pride x anitum then it has one half anitum ...one quarter roth, and one eighth sanderianum and one eighth philippinense

the sanderiaum primary (Michael Koop) would most likely wash out in many progeny

and lots of sandderianum hybirds crossed with anitum do this

Last edited:
I agree with Ed. Sanderianum is quite "diluted out" in this hybrid. I would not doubt the tag. After all, it is a cross involving a bunch of different things. Variability is bound to be present.

My rule for multifloral hybrids is: To have a high chance of blooming a hybrid with the traits of a certain parent species dominating, take the theoretical percentage of that parent's contribution to the hybrid in fraction form and double it. In this case, I would want to bloom 16 plants from this grex if I were looking for one with heavy sandy influence.

I'm glad there is no sandy influence lol.. I still think it's mislabeled, I got it from Austin creek 2-3 years ago I'll call dale, maybe he would have record

Latest posts

Back