Not...Paph. niveum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
I bought this as Paph niveum ('niv-10' x 'niv-chen') but I'm pretty sure it isn't. Any ideas anyone? To me it looks more like leucochilum...maybe x ang-thong, who really knows...?

Staminode.jpg

FrontColoring.jpg

InsideLip.jpg

Back-2.jpg

Certainly not a niveum. Not enough leuco in the chilum to be a leucochilum. :) Plant picture might help.

-Ernie

That looks like a Greyi (godefroyae x niveum), very nice!!

I would not be dissapointed on this one unless the price was higher than what it should be! I love it!!!

It looks like it was produce originally by Waters Orchids. They have a ton of crosses on their website. Depending on where you got it, what they ordered and what Waters has, you might be able to narrow it down. Nice shape

Thanks for the help guys! Greyi is actually the man made x ang-thong which I think it might be. I'm definitely dissappointed with it, I love it! I think I like it more with the color than the straight white niveum. I got the plant from Glen Decker and I have contacted him about it. He also wants a plant shot so I'll post one here also when I make it.

So I just got an email back from Glen and he said that he got a shipment in of niveums and leucochilums and a few tags fell out of some of the pots so since this isn't niveum its got to be leucochilum so I guess thats what I am going with

Latest posts

Back