Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
We had a lot of new (legitimate!) members today! Most days, it's just spam, but today we had at least a couple of members I recognize that I've been hoping would join for quite a while (Iweyshen and Wyruna - WELCOME!) Plus, several others I recognize from other forums. Welcome ALL!

But I always wonder, why all the sudden do we have such surges? Did someone say something somewhere that affectively publicized us?

I'm just curious. I am in charge of marketing at my job, and my orchid society now - so I like to know a bit about why we have fluctuations like this.

Thanks!! For all you all do, everywhere. It means a lot to me, and WOW, it is really refreshing to have a day like this among many days of only spammers. Gives me hope. And Iweyshen's photos and plants are spectacular! (Those photos of yours started my adductum hybrid craze!!!)

Best,
Heather

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Jon in SW Ohio said:
:rollhappy: ...and here I thought the spammers just wised up and changed their normal birthday.

WELCOME GUYS!

Jon

Yeah, well, there is that too...;)
I still delete .ru and .gaweb folks.
And anyone with "pharm" in their address, lol.

G

gore42

I just deleted 300 spam users from the DOS forum.... I also deleted the .ru and gaweb people, also the @cashette people. That made up the vast majority of them.

I'm thinking about switching from phpBB to vBulletins on that forum, since my anti-spam measures don't seem to work at all.

- Matt

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, cashette's another. I supposedly "blocked" members with those extensions but every now and then we get a few more.

Matt- you know about the birthday thing right? March 28, 1983 = spam.

bwester

Reaction score
not complaining? you're a woman and women complain about EVERYTHING:poke:

G

gore42

Heather - my forum doesn't require birthdates at the moment, so I don't bother with that one. Maybe it does, and just doesn't display them in the profiles, come to think of it. Maybe I'll make that mandatory.

- Matt

E

Eric Muehlbauer

I did make a favorable reference to Slippertalk on the OGD about a week or so ago....(left an unfavorable reference nameless...)...Maybe that helped? Take care, Eric

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Eric Muehlbauer said:
I did make a favorable reference to Slippertalk on the OGD about a week or so ago....(left an unfavorable reference nameless...)...Maybe that helped? Take care, Eric
Thanks Eric, I did see that. :)

I was told earlier today there was a link posted (for a bit anyway) at SOF yesterday also.

Every little bit helps!
Quality is more my goal, but still, thanks all!

smartie2000

Reaction score
I posted a link to a thread from here on the SOF and it got deleted. It had useful info on it regarding phrag kovachii, but I have to respect the moderators :p I wonder if this link got anyone here to join?

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Every Coke has to have it's Pepsi I guess.

Feel free to link a good discussion going on over there to here...but be warned, some of us won't be able to access and read it...

Jon

Latest posts