Not complaining, but....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Heather

Administrator
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
We had a lot of new (legitimate!) members today! Most days, it's just spam, but today we had at least a couple of members I recognize that I've been hoping would join for quite a while (Iweyshen and Wyruna - WELCOME!) Plus, several others I recognize from other forums. Welcome ALL!

But I always wonder, why all the sudden do we have such surges? Did someone say something somewhere that affectively publicized us?

I'm just curious. I am in charge of marketing at my job, and my orchid society now - so I like to know a bit about why we have fluctuations like this.

Thanks!! For all you all do, everywhere. It means a lot to me, and WOW, it is really refreshing to have a day like this among many days of only spammers. Gives me hope. And Iweyshen's photos and plants are spectacular! (Those photos of yours started my adductum hybrid craze!!!)

Best,
Heather

G

gore42

I just deleted 300 spam users from the DOS forum.... I also deleted the .ru and gaweb people, also the @cashette people. That made up the vast majority of them.

I'm thinking about switching from phpBB to vBulletins on that forum, since my anti-spam measures don't seem to work at all.

- Matt

bwester

Reaction score
not complaining? you're a woman and women complain about EVERYTHING:poke:

G

gore42

Heather - my forum doesn't require birthdates at the moment, so I don't bother with that one. Maybe it does, and just doesn't display them in the profiles, come to think of it. Maybe I'll make that mandatory.

- Matt

E

Eric Muehlbauer

I did make a favorable reference to Slippertalk on the OGD about a week or so ago....(left an unfavorable reference nameless...)...Maybe that helped? Take care, Eric

Heather

Administrator
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Eric Muehlbauer said:
I did make a favorable reference to Slippertalk on the OGD about a week or so ago....(left an unfavorable reference nameless...)...Maybe that helped? Take care, Eric

Thanks Eric, I did see that. :)

I was told earlier today there was a link posted (for a bit anyway) at SOF yesterday also.

Every little bit helps!
Quality is more my goal, but still, thanks all!

smartie2000

Reaction score
I posted a link to a thread from here on the SOF and it got deleted. It had useful info on it regarding phrag kovachii, but I have to respect the moderators :p I wonder if this link got anyone here to join?

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Every Coke has to have it's Pepsi I guess.

Feel free to link a good discussion going on over there to here...but be warned, some of us won't be able to access and read it...

Jon