not a good day

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nyorchids

my family and i(wife and newborn son) went to visit my grandmothers grave then go to buy some wax worms for my frogs on the way back we got t-boned by another car. the speed limit was 30 but i cant see how this was a 30 mph crash we ended up 50 feet away on a lawn my wife broke her hand i broke my colar bone and my son was fine thank god! my wife was driving so i took the most impact. they had to use the jaws of life to get me out. here are some shots you guys tell me if this looks like a 30 mph hit
my car was the silver hyundai and the blue car was the other
ouch.jpg

ouch1.jpg

ouch3.jpg

ouch4.jpg

othercar.jpg

Sheeesh, you all are quite lucky, especially that son of yours! As for speed of the crash, I'm not good at judging. There's a lot of damage there, though!

Collarbone breaks are awful, believe me.

A few years ago one of my boys was in a very similar accident. It was the other guy who T-boned my son while he was making a left turn at an intersection.

The road conditions were dry, and there were long skid marks leading up to the impact point. Our car reportedly was up on 2wheels when it got hit, but rolled forward on the same path it was going. It was also supposed to be a 30 zone. After having to go through a couple years of legal wrangling and court, he finally admitted he "had a couple of beers" and going faster than 30, but a true speed was never determined!!

I suppose that without skid marks, and with wet pavement, it is possible to cause that much damage with a 30mph impact. There may be some calculations they could do with the distance your car was moved from the impact site. But I would expect a long drawn out court battle with the imformation you've shared with us. :mad:

I'm glad you all were able to walk away from this. Take Care Rick

I can't make a judgement about the car speed, but I'm glad nobody was hurt worse than they were.

Who said the other car was only going 30 mph? Did the other driver pass a sobriety test?

I'm glad you are all safe and not hurt worse. By the looks of the two cars, I think you are lucky. I hope you mend quickly.

SlipperFan said:
Who said the other car was only going 30 mph? Did the other driver pass a sobriety test?

I'm glad you are all safe and not hurt worse. By the looks of the two cars, I think you are lucky. I hope you mend quickly.
nobody said the speed was 30 but the speed limit was 30mph

Thank God you and your family all survived. It is alot better than being hit by a moose as most cars are not designed for a 500+ kg moose collision. Most of the time a moose-car accident end up having the moose crushing the hood onto the passengers. Height of the moose is over 2 meters!

Paphman910

That sucks man, but at least everyone was alright. Their insurance should pay for it though, right?

Latest posts

Back