Northeast Judging Center Elmsford 2/16/2008

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
I went to the judging & entered a plant but it didn't get an award. Out of the 5 plants 2 were awarded/upgraded.

Phrag. schlimii upgraded to CCE 95 pts-previous 90 pts

2004_0101Judging0002.jpg

The whole plant 36 years old, never divided!!! It had 39 flowers & 35 buds

2004_0101Judging0001.jpg

Pot. John Kasandra upgraded - Am 82 pts, pre 75 pts

2004_0101Judging0007.jpg

My Drulas was not awarded ,but very much liked they want me too bring it back. Too much clasping on the side petals

2004_0101JudgingDrulas0002.jpg

2004_0101JudgingDrulas0001.jpg

Tom

Hmm, interesting.

So, the schlimii was upgraded from a CCE of 90 to a CCE of 95 ?
I can understand a cultural award. In the NE that seems to be about all they give.

If you look at that schlimii awarded in Ohio this weekend - well, it is a much better flower if you ask me. We don't seem to see a lot of flowers awarded in this area, it's really a shame.

it is a wonderful schlimii. mine was decent size when I bought it, and it has just been stagnant. don't know what to do to get it to start moving, guess I'll just repot it

Yes, there was a Jason fisher. No they didn't award it, there was a color break in the right petel. it was a close call. With Jason Fisher beign awaded 81 times the standard is very high for them to award it.

2004_0101Judging0006.jpg

Tom

Yes, there was a Jason fisher. No they didn't award it, there was a color break in the right petel. it was a close call. With Jason Fisher beign awaded 81 times the standard is very high for them to award it.

2004_0101Judging0006.jpg

Tom

That is nice !!! Well next time!

Ramon:)

I was also at the judging and the one of the two main reasons the schlimii was upgraded was because it had more than twice the number of flowers as the previous CCE.

The other reason was that the leaves were spotless. There wasn't a single black/brown spot on a single leaf. Schlimii has the reputation to develop leaf spotting if you look at it the wrong way. These leaves were flawless.

The flowers were of average quality and it was never even considered for a flower award. But culturally.... what a plant.

Christian

The Jason Fisher has amazing shape and form. It did have a fatal flaw on one of the petals. Funny though, it really doesn't show on the picture. The flaw was an intense saturation of color. Many judges felt it was a mechnical flaw rather than a genetic one.

The flower's size was better than most awarded clones and its form made the whole presentation powerful. The judges strongly recommended that this plant come back on the next blooming.

Christian

Latest posts

Back