Norito Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
my fav malipo hybrid, in bloom again...

dscn0140bmo2.jpg

Love it. I have to replace mine from Paphanatics. It bloomed and then promptly died.:mad: I don't remember it being as nice as yours, though.

NYEric said:
Wow that's green..but are you sure it's not x jackii?
I don't know what Sangii will say, but my bet would be that it is by the normal form malipoense. Reason: The red markings on the staminode are nearly the full bee mark. If it was x jackii, there would be no bee mark, there would just be a network of lines.

my 2 cents

Leo Schordje said:
I don't know what Sangii will say, but my bet would be that it is by the normal form malipoense. Reason: The red markings on the staminode are nearly the full bee mark. If it was x jackii, there would be no bee mark, there would just be a network of lines.

my 2 cents

I also think it is malipoense x armeniacum , not jackii x armeniacum...the green color changes to yellow after a few days

That is one of the most gorgeous exampls of the cross I've seen. Can you tell us how long it took to go from sheath to bloom? Mine is in sheath and it is moving verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly!

yep unfortunately the strong malipo influence means very slowwwwwwwwww spike growth.... I think I first noticed the spike last November..... there's a second growth with a low sheath also, it should not bloom before another few months

Back