Noirmont X St Ouen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JC94030

Here are some photos of red Phrags.

The first three photos are St Ouen X Noirmont -- not such a common cross. It's a little different than the JF that we are seeing so frequently. I have posted two which are slightly different. One belongs to me and one belongs to Terry Root.

Which one do you like better?

Also I've posted a nice bright red St Ouen. The flower is small but I love that color.

JC

CIMG5078.jpg

CIMG5080.jpg

CIMG5083.jpg

CIMG5134.jpg

CIMG5137.jpg

Hmm. I like the color of #2 better and the shape and form of #1. It would be a hard pick for me. Thanks for the photos.

Beautiful colors. Interesting idea to cross Noirmont with St. Ouen. St. Ouen is so variable in color, I'd like to see all kinds of progeny from several different St. Ouens.

I like the form and color of #2 better.... I think I'm liking the squat-ness of #2 for some reason.

The top one has the saw tooth lateral petals that are common on Acker's hybrids, besides that the 2nd one has a rounder shape in the lateral petals therefore I like the 2nd one better. :) I like the straight St. Ouen better than both because it's closer to the type besseae flower. the red is nice but the light color near the finestres [sic] is distracting; I'd take it though!

Hi,
Just to update everyone, the second one (I think better also) is still at OZ. I think the color on that one is quite distinctive and Terry wanted to keep it.
In terms of the colors, the photos are pretty much accurate.
Anyway, I am happy to own the other first one. I will likely cross it with a couple things, including that Jason Fischer that I posted a couple weeks ago.
JC

Latest posts

Back