NOID Phalaenopsis Hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
NOID Phalaenopsis Hybrid

I don't normally bother posting these NOID hybrid phals, but this one is an exception. If you have any guesses as to ID, I'd love to hear from you.

I bought this many years ago from Walmart of all places. I never buy these NOID phals, since they tend to show up on my doorstep as rescues from people who know I'm a plant person. I won't even mention how many NOID phals I have acquired this way. Anyway, when I saw this, despite the fact that there was no label, I had to have it. I love the bright yellow coloration and the spots. When I bought it, I was hopeful it would be fragrant, but honestly, that's mostly been a disappointment. Until ... suddenly this year the flowers started emitting a faint scent.

Based on the fragrance, I know for sure that P. venosa is in the background. It's only fragrant for a short period in the morning hours and only when the light is bright. The scent is like a musky men's cologne. Really nice.

yKEtUSwl.jpg

cOsL1fRl.jpg

vcdgeuBl.jpg

Latest posts

Back