NOID oncidium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

This NOID oncidium was given to me, described as a common yellow & brown one! :rollhappy: Is there any doubt in it's ID? :rollhappy:
What's your guess on the color variety/clone?

My guess would be Sherry Baby
Does it have a strong vanilla/chocolate fragrance?

OH - yes - it's undoubtably Sharry Baby, the fragrance is a dead giveaway!
There are diferent cultivars/colors - do you have a guess?

lol~ didn't read your initial post carefully this morning. Really shouldn't start typing without coffee! :rollhappy:

could be the "Sweet Fragrance" clone :confused:

:clap::clap:I do believe you are correct!
I have 'Red Fantasy' & 'Sweet Fragrance' is the more popular.

Hello all,

Rose, what are the growing conditions for oncidiums? Any particular tip? Do they tolerate s/h? Thank you in advance!!! :):):)

Oh boy - you've put me on the spot! As I indicated this plant was given to me - a rescuee. It was originally in sphagnum, it's owner decided it needed to be repotted & treated it like a plant that grows in soil. So the sphagnum remained intact, it was up-potted (from probably 4") to a 10" pot! :sob: The potting media was gravel on the bottom couple of inches & bark filling in the rest! :( I can guarantee it was not happy, time to experiment & find out what will make it happy. I don't feel I'm a very good oncidium grower as they do well or croak with me! It somewhat decided to divide itself, so I now have 3 plants, all potted differently - 1 in a bark mix (& this is the one blooming), 1 in S/H. These 2 plants are grown on a lower bench in the GH getting morning sun. The 3rd plant I replanted in fresh sphagnum & put it in a vanda type basket & it's hanging off the ceiling in the GH getting more sun than the other 2 but still partially shaded from later afternoon sun. All plants have produced new growths/bulbs & none, so far, have the black spotting/peppering on the new leaves that one sees so often with oncidiums, so I'm guessing that light & water is correct.
So the short answer is VARIABLE!

Back