no more ratcliffe

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
I checked the Ratcliffe website today and it's down :( . Paul and Mary, I'm really saddened that you guys have to go back to england. I hope the transition back home is smooth. And I hope you two still post on here even though you will be very very very far away from the home where you two should be.

crap crap crap.

and here i am thinking of myself and the plant they said they had and i forgot to get....

Is there anything that the orchid community as a group could do to pressure someone in the government to examine the case and realize the idiocy of the situation? I would think it naive to ask a congressman/senator on my own and expect a response, but if enough people made noise, we might be able to get heard?

--Stephen

silence882 said:
Is there anything that the orchid community as a group could do to pressure someone in the government to examine the case and realize the idiocy of the situation? I would think it naive to ask a congressman/senator on my own and expect a response, but if enough people made noise, we might be able to get heard?

--Stephen
Probably not with this administration.

Paul and Mary are still taking orders -- I just placed one, and they should be here later this week. I'm sure the Ratcliffe folks will appreciate as many orders as they can get now that they have to close their business in Florida.

Here is the message that is now up on their homepage...

WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT WE ARE CLOSING OUR FLORIDA NURSERY AND RETURNING TO ENGLAND

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PAST EIGHT YEARS OF CUSTOM, INTEREST AND SUPPORT

WE WISH YOU GOOD GROWING IN THE FUTURE AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AT SOME OF THE MAJOR SHOWS AND CONFERENCES AROUND THE USA

Back