No ID Phrag besseae [flav?] hybrid!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Someone sold or gave this to me in S/H and I dont know what it is, so I'm resigned to reorganizing my collection :eek:.
P8131574.jpg

Eric,
It looks like a Mem Dick Clement using besseae flavum

Close, but not what my records say. Unless I missed something. I'm still finding things in my livingroom jungle that suprise me. I also just identified a plant I got from Eric Muelbauer as Inca Embers!

Wow, I love the color! I swear I'm (mostly) sticking to paphs, but I'd make an exception for that one!

Mine came from Oak Hill Gardens near Chicago. Don't know where they got it from.

I'm not sure of your S/H question. But some folks like it for growing Phrags (and other orchids). If the roots are good, who is to argue? I have some in S/H, but most are in diatomite/CHC.

This is going to be totally unhelpful I suspect, but the first thing I thought when I looked at it was Rosalie Dixler made with besseae flavum...no clue whether that's even been done, though it'd be easy to find out. Nice though, whatever it is.

Latest posts

Back