No Ark needed!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunately it's not my house, we don't live on the water, these are homes in the neighborhood. It was worse one other time in the 28yrs. we've lived here.

It's funny - now a week later, we have to start watering! We're the highest spot on the road, so we don't have a problem with flooding. We've had sunny days & the ground is starting to crack & the grass is still green but....we'll see ...... 90 by Wed, then possible showers Thurs-Mon. No surprise living in the midwest!

Our elevation is pretty high but for some reason my particular area got hit with an incredible amount of rain. The water has gone down considerable but this was approaching that 100 year flood mark that we were at a few years ago. One thing, the wetlands are a slope down from my home. We bought this property because of the wetlands but it sure did look like a lake out there for a while. Frogs are in froggie heaven right about now.

Back