Nishidemiyako

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
Not as clean as Marco's plant, but here's two plants I've been growing for a while now. The first started as a single, small fan. The second one has a couple 'Manazuru' coming along. I once was googoo gaagaa about 'Manazuru'. A local nursery used to have a cool 'Manazuru' type 'Tamanishiki', but I think they finally sold it... probably for $1000 or more. Too rich for my blood!

Attachments

• Nishide1.JPG
    Nishide1.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Nishide2.JPG
    Nishide2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 16
Nice nishi's.

Looks like two potential manazuru's forming on right pic, confirmed only if they produced ruby (not red) roots AND continue these same yellow nakafu patterns in their next growth.

Manazurus in general are not very strong plants on their own. It is ideal to connect them to at least one green nishi growth to sustain them (if divided). Their lack of green areas reduces their photosynthetic capabilities and many simply waste away. That's my experience with many of the 'yellow dragon' (over 80% yellow coloration) mutations.

Back