Nice to meet you

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've been growing orchids for close to fifteen years and enjoy growing all types, but have noticed that Paphs and Phrags represent nearly 70% of my collection. I have a small attached greenhouse, I still use my light cart and use one window in the house for orchid growing (yeah, I have it bad!) I'm looking forward to learning new techniques (along with learning how to use threads) and making new friends.

It's an addiction I also suffer from, you will be in good company!

Thanks!

IMG_1377.JPGThank you for the warm welcome! Here is a picture of my attached greenhouse (10x16) and my little window that I also grow in. I am surrounded by large oak trees that drop branches every now and then and make my life a little more interesting. The first year I put up my greenhouse, a maple tree fell over the greenhouse and landed on the roof of my house. Neighbors within a two block radius came to watch as a crane lifted the tree off the roof, needless to say it was a very stressful day! Thankfully some one showed up with beer and a spontaneous block party capped the event.:)

When I was building my greenhouse I thought it was a good size, but after receiving donations from local society members and a few shopping trips I realized it should have been bigger. What was I thinking????

Latest posts

Back