Nice sanderianum on ebay...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
Thought I'd let you all know that there is a P. sanderianum on ebay for $95 w/ free shipping and the plant is blooming sized with a 26" leafspan. If you ask me that's a good deal. I'd get another one in a heartbeat but I'm saving my money for the upcoming show. And it is a "buy it now" item not a bidding item. Here's the link: Paph Sanderianum 'Raven Cliff Falls AM/AOS x Paph Sanderianum 'Natures Glory.'

If anyone gets it, let us know!

I have quite a few of these crosses from Carter and Holmes. The way that they have been growing them or just the cross tends to make plants with long skinny leaves. So the leaf span may be 26 inches but they are years away from blooming size. All mine were around 20-22 inches and after 3 or 4 years they are now around 24-26 inches but big chuncky growths now.

Yep, this is C&H breeding. They're not offering them on their website at the moment but this looks like the size they recently sold for $50, and I'd wager they'll have more available soon. My dad bloomed one of the $50 seedlings last summer after growing it on for about 2 years, it was real purty :).

A lot of what this ebay seller lists looks like recycled C&H stock, marked up 50-100%. You're probably better off going to the source, Carter and Holmes is an excellent nursery run by nice people and they usually throw in good bonus plants.

I wish someone would import a few largish plants for a reasonable price to Oz.

I remember John Robertson telling me that sandrianum doesn't take kindly to the fumigation. So you could spend a lot of money and find that most of them don't survive the quarantine process.

Latest posts

Back