NHOS Show 2007 - Photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
First round. Some didn't come out so well so I will attempt to re-shoot/re-post.

P. venustum album - we gave this best species Cyp. alliance and best species.

Lovely plant, the photo doesn't do it justice.
img1119sr4.jpg

vietnamense from A&P
img1120xx4.jpg

Phrag. Mont Fallu 'Fu Manchu' AM/AOS division
img1121yp3.jpg

Mint Chocolate (sorry for the blur, will attempt again tomorrow)
img1123za5.jpg

Paph. PEOY. A favorite of you-know-whom.
img1125yy8.jpg

and my favorite of the day - I know, a Parvi cross!! Who would have thunk it!?!?!

P. Franz Glanz (armeniacum x emersonii)
HUGE pouch.
img1122xx6.jpg

Had a lot of fun clerking on this team for ribbon judging. Always learn SOOOO much!

Oh yeah, I was supposed to help with the display, but two of us who'd never done it before ended up pretty much doing it ourselves. Without a LOT of things we could have used. Still, it was a good experience. I look forward to next time when we will know better how to prepare!

Excellent shots, Heather! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could have been there!

Woo hoo! Thanks for posting those.
I am going to a small show tomorrow and hopefully
I'll get there before breakdown and I'll try to take
some shots to share too.

I love the Franz Glanz as well. Also who can resist
PEOY? Now I will have to add Mint Chocolate to
the list of 'wants' as well. UGH!

Craig

I am in love with this tonsum of Glen Decker's
tonsumjv2.jpg

This pic doesn't do Marlow's gardineri justice. It, and Blake, and Lien, made me have to bring one home.
gardje3.jpg

I liked this new hybrid, Michael Koopowitz x PEOY very much, mostly because the plant was blooming on only about a 16" in plant! One growth (maybe a start too).
mkxpeoyas2.jpg

malipoense
mally2.jpg

A few nice maudiae types from Glen Decker
glenfv3.jpg

More nice pics.
Thanks Heather.

I did not make it to the show this past weekend
until they were already breaking it down. I heard
2 AOS awards were given.

Wonderful shots, and you just gave me hope for my MK, just can't believe how small it is.

very nice pics Heather! i love those parvis the best! The Franz Glanz looked as if it was made with hangianum instead of emersonii. I've been seeing alot of hybrids like this, say Sugar Suite and Joyce Hasegawa, that look like they were bred using hangianum.

papheteer said:
The Franz Glanz looked as if it was made with hangianum instead of emersonii. I've been seeing alot of hybrids like this, say Sugar Suite and Joyce Hasegawa, that look like they were bred using hangianum.

That's what I had heard also...that it was fairly common as well. Really screws up the awards process, if you ask me! :rolleyes:

I still can't get over how amazing malipoense is. Species rock.

Thanks for the photos :)

Heather said:
That's what I had heard also...that it was fairly common as well. Really screws up the awards process, if you ask me! :rolleyes:
I imagine there will be more than one different character if you look at them side by side.
Unfortunately,:sob: :sob: :sob: , peoples in the US never seen a hangianum species' bloom nor any hybrid so we tend to fantasize & assume that any nice emersonii hybrid flower as hangianum's (I swear to God, I always ran across this person near my office in Newark , New Jersey,who looks identical to Tom Cruise, maybe a little bit taller than the real one. But I never seen Tom Cruise anywhere other than in his movies, so my judgement is far from reality)
The hybrids do look different in the Paphiopedilum in Taiwan books. From the pictures in the books, Wossner China Moon is way superior to Franz Glanz.
In the picture, hangianum substance seems to be thicker, the flower shape seems to be better too, the size is bigger (17.8 cm that is almost 8 Inches)
I think if we ever seen the real Wossner China Moon we will probably swoon & immediately be flat on the ground.

Thanks for the pictures Heather! looks like you had a great time

...I must get more hangianum hybrids then Hien, they are available here in Canada legally. Cloud's Orchids does ship to the USA but I don't know if there are policies he has with these new hybrids...I think hangianum does look better than emersonii, but I have only seen pictures. How does size compare?

smartie2000 said:
Thanks for the pictures Heather! looks like you had a great time

...I must get more hangianum hybrids then Hien, they are available here in Canada legally. Cloud's Orchids does ship to the USA but I don't know if there are policies he has with these new hybrids...I think hangianum does look better than emersonii, but I have only seen pictures. How does size compare?
if you look at the back of book No. 4, one of the nursery in Taiwan has a hangianum with caption (I believe 17.8 cm) , I think the largest emersonii is still less than 15 cm? perhaps someone can correct me?
I don't think Cloud Orchid has Wossner China Moon (or other hangianum x other parvis species) yet.

Paph. moquettianum x hangianum,Paph primulinum x hangianum, and Paph. rothschildianum x hangianum is what I see...oh well I'm sure they will import hangianum x parvi eventually...
I have Paph. moquettianum x hangianum (this guy grows pretty fast, i hope the petals will be flat and multifloral) and I have rothschildianum x hangianum waiting for shipment, just because I am lacking in roth hybrids

Latest posts

Back